Wednesday 9 November 2011

Outreach Yoga Challenge - Day 30 Gratitude


‘’It is better to travel well than to arrive." ~Buddha


So my 30 day challenge for Outreach is over, and time for me to reflect on my experience so far. Instantly I know that this isn’t over for me, I love to share ideas and information, I love to know I’ve helped a few budding yogi’s along the way. Or maybe you just took the body brush tips, or the hot lemon water. If you took anything from the challenge so far, then thank you, I’m truly honoured you took time to read this and even try out the advice.  Blogging my raw experiences along the way has also helped me study at school, think more clearly about my yoga practice, and look at how I really think about certain issues. I would highly recommend keeping a blog, a diary, a journal and get your thoughts out on paper, or just share them with a friend, talk things over. Don't have thoughts swirling around like leaves in your head, there is too much living to be done to be raking them up all of the time. It really helps too, so thanks for listening :)


My intention for the challenge in practicing yoga for 30 days consistently, was to blog my experience, explain some yoga asanas, share my thoughts and advise on everything from nutrition to love. My ego gets in the way sometimes, I feel it brewing and I still post the LOOK AT ME photographs anyway, but the intention was to grasp your attention in the hope you would find the blog more enjoyable and fun. Funny how ‘sex sells’ the blogs containing arse, boobs and body all definitely had the highest hits, and on reflection I was manipulating my readers with captions like ‘Are you looking at my tits’. All in good spirits of course!


My longer term intention is to keep sharing yoga with everyone who is interested, keep sharing nutrition advice for everyone who needs it, and mainly keep sharing love for anyone you wants it. Thanks so much to everyone who sponsored me and donated some pennies, now the challenge is over and I’ve successfully completed it would be great if you could spare a couple bucks/pounds/euros and help Outreach Charity continue their fine work in helping the vulnerable through Yoga. I’ll be continuing to work with them during my stay in Vancouver teaching yoga to those suffering with trauma, depression and abuse. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE spare some cash for the charity if you can.


I’ll be continuing my blog, with some new interesting angles, its my aim to continue sharing yoga and holistic nutrition forever and it will be with you coming to staying in my holistic yoga homestay retreat in the mountains somewhere with the ocean. If you have anything to share please send me an email with some suggestions for the blog, would love to research anything nutrition, holistic, yoga, and the world related! Thanks for all your sweet messages, thanks to GOD AND MY MOM AND I ACCEPT THIS OSCAR...oh...wrong gig.


What a lovely bunch of coconuts!


Once mistakenly thought to be bad because of its saturated fat content, coconut oil is now known to contain a unique form of saturated fat that actually helps prevent heart disease, stroke, and hardening of arteries. The saturated fat in coconut oil is unlike the fat found in meat or other vegetable fats. It is identical to a special group of fats found in human breast milk, which have been shown to improve digestion, strengthen the immune system, and protect against bacterial, viral and fungal infections. These fats derived from coconut oil, are now routinely used in hospital IV formulations and commercial baby formulas. They’re also used in sports drinks to boost energy and enhance athletic performance. However, there is nothing better than drinking pure coconut juice straight from the tree...in costa rica... Coconut Oil Miracle benefits;


Reduces risk of atherosclerosis and related illness
Reduces risk of cancer and other degenerative conditions

Helps prevent bacterial, viral and fungal (yeast) infections
Promotes weight loss...healthy!

Keeps skin soft and smooth (get your partner to rub on, lick off?)
Supports immune system function

Helps prevent osteoporosis
Helps control diabetes

Supports healthy metabolic function

Provides immediate source of energy
Supplies fewer calories than other fats

Supplies important nutrients necessary for good health

Can make great bikini top with coconut shells and move to Hawaii

Improves digestion and nutrient absorption

Is highly resistant to spoilage (long shelf life)
Is heat resistant (THE HEALTHIEST OIL FOR COOKING)

Helps prevent premature aging and wrinking of skin....ditch botox
Helps prevent against skin cancer and other blemishes
Makes you always feel on HOLIDAY!!!
 








 

For the last Yoga session as part of the Outreach challenge, Mark and I opted out of Occupying Vancouver again, and took a Hatha Meditative class, with some yin and really restored and reflected. The class was just what I needed, deep long spinal twists with a cheeky revolved triangle to remind me, to practice!!! Does practice really make perfect?
Namaste










No comments:

Post a Comment